Law firms are increasingly adopting VDI for their stationary desktops. The goal is to provide a maintenance-free environment for staff workers that supports dictation. Relying on external contractors, such as graphics specialists, is becoming common and these people need to be integrated in IT securely and effortless. As with most organisations, IT is supposed to be smooth and almost 100% behind the scenes – what attorney wouldn’t dislike to see an assistant unable to work because of a Windows PC problem just before an important deadline?
Whatever solution is used on the server side – most law firms chose to use VMware, or Citrix, or Microsoft Remote Desktop, connectivity to your server can be taken for granted with NoTouch Desktop. Let NoTouch power your PCs, your Thin Clients, instead of the quagmire of old Windows installations, Windows lockdown tools and different proprietary vendor-specific Thin Client platforms.
Even in medium-size law firms, having one main IT person is common – so keeping this person away from common tasks such as dealing with field PC problems is key to maintain the IT service level. This is where NoTouch comes into place. There are so many more things about law firm needs that can only be fulfilled by NoTouch Desktop:
- Hardware agnostic. NoTouch runs on standard PCs, and also on Thin Clients: whatever you have bought yesterday, it won’t be in your way today and tomorrow. NoTouch OS runs on all these machines and manages them all. NoTouch allows you to reuse existing hardware as well as buy new.
- Dictation support. The Stratodesk software stack has always been dictation-enabled. Philips SpeechMike and foot pedals are supported and forwarded into virtual desktops.
- Flexible network architecture with central administration. Can you integrate home workers? What about consultants and part-time workers? Give them access, but don’t sacrifice security or manageability – that is what only NoTouch does well.
- Cost effective. It may be tempting to do nothing at all or go with so-called “free” tools for simple Windows lock-down. But these add complexity, they don’t reduce complexity. NoTouch builds on open-source software, but comes as a packaged ready-to-go-solution with commercial support for a very little price, so it combines the best of both worlds.
- Fault-tolerant architecture. Our system is designed carefully so that not one component failure can bring the whole system down.
- Central Management. Includes tactical overview, group-based multilevel inheritance and individual group and client actions.
- Agile partnership. When you have made your decision, you want to see things moving fast – as a lot depends on it. Stratodesk is an agile company willing and capable of supporting you fast, then, when you need it.
- Fast and free support. Our basic e-mail support is free and you most likely won’t need any premium options.