January 2023 sees the first Stratodesk NoTouch releases of the year and they’re exciting bumper releases, so we’ll work through them in more detail below.
Let’s talk about Citrix first. So Stratodesk NoTouch OS now includes the 2212 version of the Citrix Workspace App, and this release consists of several technical previews that include.
- Support for 32-bit cursor – This fixes the black box which would appear around the cursor (Technical Preview)
- Addition of client-side jitter buffer mechanism – This feature ensures audio when network latency fluctuates (Technical Preview)
- Support for multiple audio devices – This displays all available local audio devices in a session with their names
- Support for audio recording – Audio recording is enabled by default.
- Background blurring and replacement for Citrix Optimized Teams – You can use this feature by selecting More > Apply Background Effects when in a meeting or P2P call (Technical Preview)
Full release notes including additional fixed issues are available in the Citrix Linux Workspace App release notes.
Another long-awaited recent addition is FIDO2 support in Citrix ICA session. With this, users can use FIDO2 authentication with a token + PIN to authenticate to an app within a Citrix session. One thing to look after is the support for FIDO2 capable readers / solutions is still fairly limited on Linux. One of the few vendors leading on this front is YubiKey, so if you want to play it safe and use FIDO2, please try their implementation.
These settings are configured as part of the Citrix Workspace App parameters and are available in Stratodesk NoTouch OS 3.4.368 and Stratodesk NoTouch Center 4.5.372 release onwards.
VMware Horizon Client for Linux 2212 includes the following new features.
- VMware Integrated Printing support on Raspberry Pi – The VMware Integrated Printing feature is supported for VMware Horizon Clients installed on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B devices running Stratodesk NoTouch operating system.
- Multiple device support for Real-Time Audio-Video (RTAV) – The RTAV feature now supports the use of multiple webcams, microphones, and speakers in a remote session. Users can switch between devices during a session, and a new client setting lets users configure their preferred speaker for remote sessions.
- UDP ports on Avi load balancer – UDP ports can now be configured on the Avi load balancer.
Full release notes from VMware are available on their docs site.
The integration of the Inuvika OVD client 3.2.0 is part of their latest major release. Updates to the client include.
- H264/AVC Video Decoding
- Duo Support
- SAML2 Authentication
- Accelerated performance when using OVD through the Enterprise Secure Gateway
- Improvements to printing
Other notable additions to this Stratodesk NoTouch release are:
- FreeRDP: Update FreeRDP 3.0 to 275741cc75
- Update Palo Alto VPN
- Update Firefox ESR packages
- WebEx Teams and WebEx Meetings updates
- SecureBoot update
- VMware Horizon: Main view-mandatory-config; add keepViewMandatoryConfig sentinel functionality
- VMware Horizon: New Hide Client after Launch Session parameter and functionality
- Amazon WorkSpaces: Amazon Workspaces repo update
- Firefox: Firefox profiles folder location
- cmd connection now supports macro expansion
- Mapplet/Monitor Tool: Support default resolution overriding
- Use Java Webstart for jnlp files by default
- Xorg, Chromium stack updates [Raspberry Pi]
- Udev fido devices configuration
- Leostream: Add PCoIP support to Leostream
- Improve Imprivata VMware View kiosk startup
- Microsoft Surface builds now uses kernel 6.1.2
- Add ibus/Japanese Input Helper
- Azure Virtual Desktop: Internal refactoring of AVD/Azure login code
- Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD): Fix Virtual Machine AVD login graphics issue
- VMware Horizon: VMware Horizon client doesn’t read password if kiosk mode is activated
- Fix Palo Alto VPN DNS problem with Network Manager
- Fix reboot issue on Wyse 3040
- Fix DisplayLink drivers in k517
- Fix automount issue on Raspberry Pi [Raspberry Pi]
Full details of all the updates for Stratodesk NoTouch OS 3.4.368 release can be found on our knowledge base site.
Stratodesk NoTouch Center 4.5.372
This update sees the changes outlined below. Those connecting to the API will love the new capability to do searches for client devices matching any status value without the need to download a full list and then iterate on the client.
- Sync parameters with OS
- New “Clients by StatusValue” API
- Show Citrix, VMware, FreeRDP tab for MS Edge connections
- Fix renaming of connections via API
- Fix halt action in API
Full details of all the updates for Stratodesk NoTouch Center 4.5.372 release can be found on our knowledge base site.