It’s been a while since I last wrote one of these, mainly because Citrix have increased their release cadence from four to six-week release cycles, but during this time we’ve been busy in the background to bring you the next release of Stratodesk NoTouch OS.
Citrix Workspace App updated to 2207, and some of the new features include the following:
- Enhancement to improve audio quality – With this enhancement, the maximum output buffering value is decreased to 50 ms in Citrix Workspace app. As a result, the user experience on the interactive audio application is improved.
- Support DPI Matching (Technical Preview) – The display resolution and DPI scale values set in the Citrix Workspace app match to the corresponding values in the virtual apps and desktops session. DPI scaling is mostly used with large size and high-resolution monitors. This feature helps to display the following in a size that can be viewed comfortably.
- Composite USB Device Redirection – Starting with this release, Citrix Workspace app allows splitting of composite USB devices. A composite USB device can perform more than one function. These functions are accomplished by exposing each of those functions using different interfaces. Examples of composite USB devices include HID devices that consist of audio and video input and output. Currently composite USB device redirection is available in desktop session only. The split devices appear in the Desktop Viewer.
- Improved Audio Echo Cancellation (Technical Preview) – This feature is designed for real-time user cases, and it improves the user experience. The echo cancellation feature supports low quality, medium quality, and adaptive audio. Citrix recommends using adaptive audio for better performance.
The full release notes can be found on the Citrix website.
VMware Horizon client updated to 2220.127.116.11, and includes the following features:
- Screen sharing for Microsoft Teams: With Media Optimization for Microsoft Teams, you can use screen sharing capabilities in RDSH published application sessions.
- Give screen control for Microsoft Teams: With Media Optimization for Microsoft Teams, you can give control of screen sharing for VDI and RDSH desktop sessions.
- Composite devices for Microsoft Teams: With Media Optimization for Microsoft Teams, the device setting menus can now recognize composite devices, correctly reflecting each device’s input and output media type. Microsoft Teams also recognizes the default device connected to the client system.
- URL redirection from Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser: This release supports client-to-agent URL redirection from a Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser running on the Linux client to an Edge browser running on the Windows desktop.
- Support for full-range colour and improved colour fidelity: VMware Horizon Client for Linux now supports full-range colour and improved colour fidelity when using H264 4:4:4 or HEVC 4:4:4.
- Support for enabling or disabling BlastCodec decoding on the Horizon Client for Linux User Interface: You can now enable or disable the use of BlastCodec decoding to receive remote screen content on the client interface.
- User-friendly selection menus for preferred microphones and webcams: With the Real-Time Audio-Video feature, you can now select a preferred microphone or webcam device directly from menus in the Settings dialog box.
- Support for a favourite remote desktop or published application on a Horizon Cloud Service next-gen server: You can select favourite remote desktops and published applications on a Horizon Cloud Service next-gen server.
The full release notes are available on the VMware website.
Nutanix Frame App updated to 6.12.0, and include the following additions:
- Support for locking mouse back/forward buttons while in session to prevent users from accidentally exiting the session
- Support to disable locking mouse back/forward buttons via command line argument (disable-mouse-lock)
Fixes include the following:
Issue where Windows key can become unresponsive in session
Issue where Ctrl, Alt, and Meta keys can become stuck in session
Issue where Linux error logs are not sent to Frame Platform
The full release notes are available on the Nutanix documentation page.
- Azure Virtual Desktop: Refactor time zone mappings
- WinInfo/ReloadDesktop – Improvements which fix rare edge condition which caused the announce to reload the desktop whilst a session was running
- Update to P11-kit PKCS#11
- CUBA: Add r8168 Realtek driver to k514|k515
- Introduce k518 images
- Ability to disable IPv6 on a per interface basis
- Support for any locale
Stratodesk NoTouch Center 4.5.331
There are no updates to Stratodesk NoTouch Center this time round other than to synchronise parameters with Stratodesk NoTouch OS.