As wireless internet has become more prevalently used across all industries, NoTouch has evolved to operate seamlessly together with various Wireless LAN/WiFi/802.11/WLAN network scenarios, with or without personal or enterprise authentication methods. With NoTouch, configuration of WiFi networks is quick, easy and painless. Administrators can choose settings within NoTouch Center, eliminating the need to visit the endpoint ever again.
Whenever a supported wireless network adapter is present, you can connect to available WiFi networks in your area. NoTouch offers three scenarios:
- A system administrator presets one (or multiple) allowed and configured wireless networks
- Users employ a graphical tool to connect to any available network that they may have access to, such as in a hotel, airplane or café
- A third-party tool, Network Manager, is used to bypass all of the regular NoTouch configuration methods.
How does wireless configuration work?
- Network name (SSID): Set this to the SSID of your wireless network.
- Security: Set this to your desired authentication/security method. If you just have a “WiFi password”, then select “WPA2 Personal”. If you have certificates or username/password then you’ll rather use “WPA2 Enterprise”.