The Hassle Free Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop Client
What is NoTouch Desktop and why it helps with Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop?
- Only 400 MB installed size Citrix Ready full operating system – Citrix Receiver (ICA/HDX client) already included – central management – side-by-side or instead of Windows – any hardware
You do or plan to run Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop. What about your PCs out there? Do you want to:
- Keep Windows and install the Citrix Windows client, somehow locked down or not, then you have effectively doubled the number of Windows instances in your organization. And you still have the security risks and update duties. Ouch.
- Trash your PCs, even the newer ones, and buy “Thin Clients” that can cost almost as much as a PC but instead they are slower than the PCs you just trashed and they lock you to a specific vendor. Ouch.
- Or do you want to have a lean and 100% centrally managed “no-PC” infrastructure with integrated Citrix client software on your existing hardware now and exchange old hardware as needed, with the freedom of choice what to buy?
NoTouch Desktop is the endpoint operating OS and endpoint management solution for your Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop environment, including all legacy Presentation Server deployments. Businesses worldwide have already switched to Stratodesk NoTouch – the best way to run Citrix. NoTouch Desktop migrates your existing Windows PC into a hassle free and easy to manage software thin client/VDI terminal with the newest Citrix Receiver (also called ICA/HDX client) already included; we call this PC repurposing.
It does not need Windows to run and can go on any PC, old or new, laptop or desktop, or even third-party Thin Client devices. And there are Thin Clients available with NoTouch already preinstalled. NoTouch can run side-by-side with Windows, it can replace Windows (effectively wiping it out from the hard drive), or even inside Windows (e.g. for BYOD deployments). It can boot from the network (PXE) boot and thus you can have diskless workstations. Any machine faster than say, 500MHz CPU, and 256 MB RAM, will do. Try it for free on your hardware before you buy.
NoTouch includes the Citrix Receiver (formerly called Citrix ICA client) and thus supports the ICA and HDX protocols natively. You can configure NoTouch to just display a login prompt to your end users and then go directly to a desktop or published app. You can have Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop published resources added to the NoTouch startmenu. You can start the included browser to point to your Citrix Web interface.
NoTouch is supports multi-monitor (dual-screen) operation, and so does our Citrix implementation. NoTouch supports Citrix USB device forwarding, local printers, storage (USB sticks / thumb drives), smartcards (including CAC). Multimedia is supported on the client with Citrix HDX features – everything Citrix XenApp / Desktop have to offer -, most notably Flash redirection and Microsoft Skype for Business optimization (formerly known as Lync). In fact, you will find these modules in NoTouch, providing the richest multimedia experience ever:
- HDX MediaStream Flash Redirection
- HDX RealTime Media Engine (MS Lync Optimization)
- HDX 3D Pro GPU/H.264 acceleration
- HDX Mediastream Windows Media Redirection
- HDX RealTime Webcam Video Compression
In fact, Stratodesk closely cooperates with Fluendo to make the unmatched Fluendo ONEPLAY Codec Pack available for NoTouch Desktop – an optional add-on module providing the best codecs available for powering a properly licensed MPEG/WMV/etc. playback. If you are serious about media redirection, get the Fluendo ONEPLAY Codec Add-On from Stratodesk!
While NoTouch will take the pain of distribution configuration of Citrix endpoints away from you, you still retain full control: Each and every aspect of the Citrix-internal configuration can be changed with just a few clicks.
Easy pricing: Just one price – that includes the endpoint OS, the management, the PXE virtual appliance. No hidden fees or cost. Stratodesk Corp. is based in San Francisco, California with a central European field office in Austria. We know what we are doing and have an excellent track record. Testimonials available. We are an official Citrix technology partner and our product is Citrix Ready and HDX Ready certified.
Click on the free trial button and instantly download our solution for use with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop: