As we approach spring, our next Stratodesk NoTouch release is a mixture of new features, updates, and improvements, so we’ll work through these in more detail below.
NoTouch OS 3.4.491
- BIOS/UEFI update mechanism (This feature is experimental and should only be used by those with experience in updating the BIOS on hardware. Stratodesk accepts no responsibility for any hardware failures as a result of these updates)
Citrix: Update Citrix Workspace App to 2303 (18.104.22.168) some of these were already available as technical previews.
- Support for FIDO2 in HDX Session
- Improved audio echo cancellation support
- Inactivity of the timeout to the Workspace App although this is something that we’ve been able to do for some time
- Background blurring for webcam redirection
- Configure path for Browser Content Redirection overlay Browser temp data storage
- Support for new smart cards and performance optimization of the smart card driver
- Microsoft Teams enhancements that can limit the video resolution
Further information on the release can be found in the official Citrix release notes.
- Update MS Azure Virtual Desktop/Windows 365 client
- FreeRDP: Update FreeRDP 3.0 to 937c158174
- Update cert utils/certmonger
- Update NoVNC to 1.4.0
Important Note: Customers using Azure Virtual Desktop or Windows 365 must update to NoTouch OS 3.4.407 or later by April 30th to prevent service interruption due to changes introduced by Microsoft.
- Support larger OS images in the local upload
- Pulseaudio framework to block/unblock devices at boot
- Pulseaudio Updates
- Plantronics bt600/b700 improvements
- Internal build mechanism updates
- HP Pro mt440 G3 FN Keys
- Fix long boot time with custom icons in case of no network
- Fix Azure authentication graphics issue on AMD Renoir
- Citrix: Fix Workspace App sideloading issue
- Fix for Webex Load Issue
- Fix rtl8852ae’s kernel modules’ auto-loading issue
NoTouch Center 4.5.442
Update recommended as it provides a great overall incremental improvement in terms of functionality, performance, and even security (not in the sense of fixing actual vulnerabilities, but proactive improvements to tighten things down).
- Improved Client Web Access
- Update Struts to 6.1.2
- Support MFA for external accounts
- Update pure Java SSH to the newer JSch 0.2.7 library
- Improved SSH tunnel restart behavior
- Improved SSH tunnel error logging
- Update log4j to 2.20.0
- Update MySQL Connector/J to 8.0.32
- Fix user editing issues for external accounts
- Fix an issue creating top-level groups
- Fix the API authentication issue
- Security Updates
- Implement CSRF protections for pre-login form
- Disable URL rewriting; rely on session cookies only
- Harden cookie configuration
- Stricter CSP configuration
The current release cycle also sees the introduction of the next generation of the NoTouch Virtual Appliance based on Ubuntu 2204 (Jammy Jellyfish). You can read more about this in the blog post which walks through the two update/migration paths available to customers.
We recommend that all customers test new firmware in isolation before deploying it into a production environment. We also recommend creating a snapshot of your NoTouch Center virtual appliance before deploying new updates.