NoTouch Release 2.35 “Sonora” is out. An incredible number of improvements make this an awesome OS for any type of endpoint. Several of the updates already have been released as 2.34-addons, such as new VMware and Quest clients.
- Updated components such as VMware View 1.7 client, Quest vWorkspace, Firefox 18, …
- New “Network Manager”, a GUI application for end users to chose wireless networks with authentication
- Well integrated with the new Stratodesk Virtual Appliance
- Security: HTTPS is now used by default whereever HTTP was used before
- Much improved multimonitor and dualscreen capabilities
- Much improved hardware support
- PXE-boot and configuration preloading improvements
- Ease of management improvements
- Internationalization improvements for Asia and Latin America
The actual changelog and list of improvements is too long to be shown here. We kindly suggest to read the release notes that are available for download together with the actual release binaries.
NoTouch 2.35 runs on PCs and Thin Clients with at least 256 MB RAM. The standard image requires 512 MB Flash or hard drive space, though smaller builds are available. NoTouch OS 2.35 works with NoTouch Center 4.1.24 that has been released at the same time. A current Stratodesk Virtual Appliance image 20130218 was released as well. All builds together form “Release Sonora”, named after Sonora Pass, a Sierra Nevada mountain pass connecting California’s Mono and Tuolumne counties.
Please log in to www.stratodesk.com/login to download. NoTouch 2.35 is available to subscribed customers free of charge.
If you have any problems or questions on how to update to this release please contact [email protected]