As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide support to our customers for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing NoTouch Desktop issues. You will troubleshoot the NoTouch Desktop platform in multiple types of virtual environments (Citrix, VMware, Microsoft) and take ownership of problem isolation, resolution, and bug reporting. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter, able to work from both home and office, be committed to ongoing, self-education, possess strong customer service skills and have excellent technical problem solving skills.
- Resolve customer problems via email, phone or occasionally via remote access
- Maintain customer loyalty through integrity and accountability
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customers with recommendations and action plans
- Escalate cases to management and/or engineering team when necessary
- Maintain control and management of the overall resolution for any escalated case, even when cross-functional groups are involved
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including development engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create knowledge base content to capture new learning for re-use throughout the company and user base
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and other ecosystem applications
- Learn as much about our products and ecosystem as you can!
- A strong and enthusiastic commitment to resolving customer problems in a high quality and timely manner
- Working knowledge of Linux systems
- System administration skills
- Detailed understanding of network architecture (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls)
- Fundamental understanding of shell scripting
- Some programming experience (especially in Python) is a plus, being able to basically understand source code
- Experience in virtualized environments such as ESX/vSphere, Xen, AWS
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and be in control of customers under all circumstances
- High energy, high integrity, grace under pressure – must be able to deal with difficult customer situations with professionalism
- Fluent in English. If applying in Vienna, Austria, additionally fluent German communication skills required
- Live close by our office so that you don’t mind commuting several days a week to the office, more often in the beginning
- You are not opposed to occasional travel to see enterprise customers
Note: There are openings in both the San Francisco Bay Area, USA, and Vienna, Austria. Please specify which location you are applying for.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected].