This is NOT a System Server Administrator role, please read the Role Description below.
Stratodesk is committed to providing solutions that power the future of work. We are a team made up of knowledgeable tech professionals and innovative thinkers who are passionate about the work we do. If you fit the requirements listed below and want to be part of a fun, motivated and fast growing team, we want to meet you!
This is an excellent opportunity for a developer with a passion for Linux! Our Linux developers are responsible for integrating software solutions in the cloud/server-based computing environment into our Linux-based software – Stratodesk NoTouch OS.
We are seeking a Senior Linux Engineer to aid in the development of our flagship product. The right candidate will be able to work well in a fast paced environment that is constantly changing, while prioritizing tasks, and able to work independently in a tight-knit but globally distributed team. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to not only be hands-on and actively leveraging their advanced coding skills to maintain and extend our custom Linux distribution, they will also be excited about the opportunity to supervise the entire development process, from inception to release.
- Development, integration, maintenance, and testing of software components
- Development of software solutions in the Cloud/Server Based Computing environment (e.g. Azure Virtual Desktops, Citrix, VMware, Nutanix, and others)
- Development and integration of customer requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Very proficient in Linux system administration
- Deep understanding about a Linux distribution’s inner workings like package management, systemd
- Shell (bash)
- Bonus for ability to tinker with C code
- Networking, TCP/IP
- Linux and Network Security, SSL, Certificates
- Take ownership, be self-sufficient
- Not afraid of digging into new things
- Not afraid of strace