NoTouch Release 2.36 “Leavitt Peak” is out. First intended as a pure service release on top of awesome “Sonora”, there have been several highly interesting improvements. Along with the NoTouch OS update that comes an update to NoTouch Center (now at 4.1.25) and of course these improvements have been incorporated into our Stratodesk Virtual Appliance.
- Citrix endpoint: Citrix RealTime Media Engine, which is a key part of Microsoft Lync optimization, was incorporated in the official image.
- VMware Horizon View client 2.0 has been included in the official release, along with a rename of VMware View to VMware Horizon View.
- The NoTouch installer (aka GENESIS) now includes a secure disk wipe option that can use the ATA Secure Erase procedure next to a traditional disk overwriting.
- Firefox was updated to latest version 20 (at that time) and made to automatically include custom certificates.
- The user login dialog was much improved.
- Citrix configuration improvements allow for a much better default configuration and a new, more flexible INI file access mechanism was introduced.
Both the Citrix RealTime Media Engine and VMware Horizon View client 2.0 have already been included in earlier images, this time they are now officially part of a release. The actual changelog and list of improvements – as always – is too long to be shown here. We kindly suggest to read the release notes that are available for download together with the actual release binaries.
NoTouch 2.36 runs on PCs and Thin Clients with at least 256 MB RAM. The standard image requires 512 MB Flash or hard drive space, though smaller builds are available. NoTouch OS 2.36 works best with NoTouch Center 4.1.25 that has been released at the same time. A current Stratodesk Virtual Appliance image 20130513 was released as well. All builds together form “Release Leavitt Peak”, named after Leavitt Peak, a mountain in California’s Sierra Nevada. If you want to climb Leavitt Peak, you start at Sonora Pass, which happened to be code name of our last release 2.35/4.1.24.
Please log in to www.stratodesk.com/login to download. NoTouch 2.36 is available to subscribed customers free of charge.
If you have any problems or questions on how to update to this release please contact [email protected]