NoTouch Release 2.37 “Hetch Hetchy” is out. Once again, several interesting features have been added. Along with the NoTouch OS update comes an update to NoTouch Center (now at 4.1.26) and of course these improvements have been incorporated into our Stratodesk Virtual Appliance.
- Terminal server/Remote Desktop endpoint: Much improved RDP operation, upgraded and improved FreeRDP client.
- VMware Horizon View client 2.1 has been included in the official release.
- New WiFi connectivity that allows to run enterprise authentication side-by-side with facility that allows end users to connect to available networks
- Firefox was updated to latest version 23.0.1.
- Multimonitor improvement: Hotkey to enable end users to switch configuration
- IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLANs
As usual, Stratodesk had released the VMware Horizon View client 2.1 before in an intermediate release, this time they are now officially part of a release. The actual changelog and list of improvements – as always – is too long to be shown here. We kindly suggest to read the release notes that are available for download together with the actual release binaries.
NoTouch 2.37 runs on PCs and Thin Clients with at least 256 MB RAM. The standard image requires 512 MB Flash or hard drive space, though smaller builds are available. NoTouch OS 2.37 works best with NoTouch Center 4.1.26 that has been released at the same time. A current Stratodesk Virtual Appliance image 20130910 was released as well. All builds together form “Release Hetch Hetchy”, named after Hetch Hetchy, the valley in Yosemite National Park that is not only known for exceptional nature’s beauty but also for holding San Francisco’s drinking water reservoir and was under immense danger during the devastating “Rim Fire” at the time of finishing the release.
Please log in to www.stratodesk.com/login to download. NoTouch 2.37 is available to subscribed customers free of charge.
If you have any problems or questions on how to update to this release please contact [email protected]