NoTouch Release 2.38 “Point Reyes” is out. It is an exciting release – since the last major “Hetch Hetchy” update there were updates to the Citrix Receiver, the VMware View client, the RDP clients. Once again, several interesting features have been added. Along with the NoTouch OS update comes an update to NoTouch Center (now at 4.1.27) and of course these improvements have been incorporated into our Stratodesk Virtual Appliance.
- Citrix Receiver 13.0: The new Citrix Receiver is included in NoTouch 2.38
- VMware Horizon View client 2.3 has been included in the official release.
- Firefox was updated to latest version 27.0.1.
- Updated implementation of the Dell/Quest vWorkspace client
- SSH implementation / distributed key management improvement
- Evidian authentication support
- Slideshow screensaver
- Task scheduler: A cron-like scheduler allows to execute repeating tasks at a given time
- K35 builds based on a newer kernel and graphics driver infrastructure provides support for newer hardware and laptops
As usual, Stratodesk had already released both the VMware Horizon View client 2.3 and Citrix 13.0 before in intermediate releases, this time they are now officially part of a release. The actual changelog and list of improvements – as always – is too long to be shown here. We kindly suggest to read the release notes that are available for download together with the actual release binaries.
A very important step forward is the official introduction of the so-called “K35” builds, firmware images that are equal to the normal builds in look&feel and manageability, but are based on a newer kernel and driver infrastructure. These builds are targeted towards newer hardware, ultra-modern graphics cards and mobile devices such as laptops and x86-based tablets.
NoTouch 2.38 runs on PCs and Thin Clients with at least 256 MB RAM. The standard image requires 512 MB Flash or hard drive space, though smaller builds are available. NoTouch OS 2.38 works best with NoTouch Center 4.1.27 that has been released at the same time. A current Stratodesk Virtual Appliance image 20140301 was released as well. All builds together form “Release Point Reyes”, named after Point Reyes, the stunning cape and peninsula on the Northern California coast. While Point Reyes can be very foggy and windy, it is a natural gem of unmatched beauty.
Please log in to www.stratodesk.com/login to download. NoTouch 2.38 is available to subscribed customers free of charge.
If you have any problems or questions on how to update to this release please contact [email protected]