NoTouch Desktop™ is a hardware agnostic endpoint (“client”) operating system and management environment for VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) and Desktop Virtualization.
- Use NoTouch Desktop instead of Windows on existing PCs for deployment, management, security benefits;
- Use NoTouch Desktop on Thin Client hardware for a consistent vendor-independent look&feel, a superb enterprise-class management suite, and features you would not get otherwise.
- NoTouch Desktop saves you the cost of buying Thin Clients if you have existing PCs; yet you get all the benefits of a “thin” endpoint solution.
- NoTouch Desktop saves you from a Windows-based endpoint nightmare: would really want to keep your Windows PCs alive, patch them, pay for antivirus, be responsible for security and compliance, just to run e.g. a Citrix client?
NoTouch Desktop replaces Windows with NoTouch OS, the minimal-footprint operating system that runs on PCs, Laptops and Thin Clients various brands. It can run from USB sticks, network boot, CD-ROMs and the local hardware; if you want you can make it wipe out Windows. It comes with clients for Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, VMware Horizon View, Quest vWorkspace, MS RDP clients, Mozilla Firefox and many more. NoTouch Center, the central administration solution for configuration, monitoring, update, remote-control of your endpoints. Stratodesk Virtual Appliance, an optional component, that includes a preinstalled instance of NoTouch Center and a ready-to-run PXE/network boot server solution.
How NoTouch Desktop helps
- System administrators who wish to have a worry-free, no-maintenance environment by repurposing existing PCs and never have to touch them again – no more messing with locking down old Windows versions
- CIOs who want a strategic, hardware-independent and cost-effective approach to endpoint computing instead of vendor-lock-in, retaining the freedom to chose hardware suppliers at any point in time – no urge to buy Thin Clients or stick with a specific brand
- IT companies who need to maximize value for their clients, maintain SLAs and keep flexible in terms of hardware
- Thin Client vendors who want the best Linux-based operating system and the best management tool in their product portfolio
- Hosted solution providers who want to lower the entry bar for their client by not requiring them to maintain a Windows OS and rather start on bare metal